For some reason, my Olympus m4 temporarily stopped working.  As a result, I
decided to buy dropvox as I’d heard good things about it. Primarily, I am using
it to record lectures in a classroom.  I had 2 issues come up.

a.       The recording seemed amazingly quiet. Using goldwave, I had to
increase the volume approximately six times before I got something that sounded
like what the Olympus records on its own.  Would a different mike make the
recordings on the iPhone work with less processing? If so, what mike would be
portable and easy to set up?

b.      When I started recording, I shut off VoiceOver, then locked the phone.
AN hour later, I unlocked the phone, used triple click, but it seemed VoiceOver
wouldn’t come back up.  When I listened to the recording, I heard VoiceOver
being activated even though  I didn’t hear it through the headphones I was
using. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help.

Michael