From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 1:23 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: one quite annnoying bug in mail

This isn't a bug with IOS 7 or Gmail. This is just how the email client on
the iPhone works now. Could you just start at the most recent email message
and work your way back through the last 50 or 100 messages? This is pretty
much what I do, but if I want to read them in the other order, it's not hard
to find the last unread message, since I don't have any unread messages
myself except for those new messages which have come in since I last checked
my email.

If you have another email client available to you, such as Thunderbird, you
could go in there and mark all of the messages in your in box as read.