The way I use to insert a comma (,) or apostrophe (') while in "handwriting" mode is as follows:

- execute the 3-finger flick down (or up) to move to the "Punctuation" category
- execute a single 1-finger tap, this will present the period (.)
- now execute a 2-finger flick down, this initiates a list of punctuations and the comma is the second after the period
- repeat the 2-finger flick down until you come to the apostrophe

Once you've come to the desired punctuation mark, execute the 3-finger flick to get away from the punctuation category. As you have no doubt discovered, while in this category all sorts of undesired marks can be inserted into your note, message, e-mail or whatever edit field you're working on.

Incidentally, it is feasible to enter in a sequence of marks, after you've gotten to the mark you want for the first character simply draw another mark and re-initiate the list feature if that mark isn't the desired one. For example, to create a string of marks consisting of a comma, a period and an apostrophe you would:

- execute a 1-finger tap to create the period
- then execute a 2-finger flick down to locate the comma
- now once again execute a 1-finger tap to create the desired period
- and once again execute a 1-finger tap to create a period
- then execute a series of 2-finger flicks down to locate the apostrophe

This should result in the series of punctuation marks: ",.'" And, of course, if you want space between each mark, execute the 2-finger flick right as appropriate.

HTH
----
Holland's Boy, Bill
- "Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
- US Humorist, Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel McGee" <danielmcgee...@googlemail.com>