Cher,

I apologize, but I don't quite understand what you are asking for? Ok, if you
are in the messages app and you are in a conversation page that you are having
with John Doe, go to the bottom of the screen and do a one finger double tap on
the edit field text box. That should pull up the keyboard. If the keyboard is
already pulled up then the edit field text box where you will type/dictate your
reply will be closer to the middle of the screen, just above the keyboard. You
can touch the edit field just to make sure the cursor is in the correct spot.
:) Then, do a two finger double tap and you will hear a tone. Start dictating
and when you are done do another two-finger double tap. Also, at the bottom of
the keyboard to the left of the space bar is a dictate button that you can use
instead. I never use it but I think all you do is double tap the button with
one finger, dictate, then do a single finger double tap since the dictate
button would have been the last item touched on the screen. I find the two
finger double tap method to initiate and end dictation mode much faster. :)

HTH,
Christina