No, leave that on. It should be a button; double tapping it should open a
screen where you can control exactly which apps get backed up, it should not be
a toggle. Yes, there is a toggle inside the Documents and Data screen, but the
button from the main iCloud settings screen should not be a toggle. Are you on
iOS7?