Hi,

I'm not sure I understand how adding a mail account would add contacts to
icloud. I thought it just adds mailboxes.
If the work contacts are in icloud you should see them in the contacts app
somewhere. Maybe they are in a speciffic group?
If so you could remove them if you have a computer that's also synked to icloud?

Hope you get this solved.

Best,

Ioana

Sent from my iPhone