Donald,

If you launch Facetime and work through the dialogues you will know exactly
what is being asked of you as there is not much room for misunderstanding.
Its much harder to understand if you're asking questions without having the
device in front of you.

1. Launch Facetime.
2. If signing in for the first time you will be asked to enter your iTunes
user name and password.
3. After signing in you can use Siri to say something like "Facetime Mike."
You will be informed that a Facetime call will begin, and you will hear the
ringing of the person's phone.
Note: You will want to hold the iDevice about 1.5 feet from your face when
talking to someone. The video quality is ok, but the sound quality is great.

4. If you would rather use your contacts to make the phone call, after you
use your user name and password to launch Facetime in step #2 above, the
contacts app will appear, so double-tap on a contact to show their details.
On this screen there will be a Facetime option so double-tap on it to begin
the call.

I just completed this process on an iPod Touch 5th gen, so all should work
for you. <Smile>.

Joseph the free tech guy!