Hi Jared. I don't see why not as I can hear all of the DVR labels. I did,
however, relabel many of the buttons.

I have a Motorola V1200  receiver but do not use the DVR features as they are
locked because I don't want to pay the $10.00 a month to have it activated. But
I have noticed that it does read the buttons.

The big stumbling block for me was that I could not figure out the power
button   for the receiver as the icon label made no sense. It is under the
Remote Control bar. I almost took the Sling Box back but once I found out where
it was and Labelled it I was then able to power up the receiver.

Don't waste your time on an iPad, Kindle Fire or computer because the program
lists do not read. But the iPhone does provide both the channel and
descriptions. I was also able to set up my favourites and delete channels I did
not want. To bring up the controls when a video is playing you double tap the
top of the landscape screen.

I am currently at the Seeing Eye and listen to CBC National news in real time
every night without any difficulty. Had I had it when we were in Florida I
would have been able to follow the Canadian Olympic hockey games although I
still watched a few.

When I want to stop a program playing I lock the screen. The two finger
double-tap doesn't work. I have my slingPlayer set to start at the guide rather
than connecting to a specific channel.

Feel free to email me off list. I will be returning home next Thursday.

Barry
Abbott