Hi Kawal,

I remember reading about this battery and just read another review on
Mashable. I think the battery is the "Ultrapack" by "UNU". My interpretation
of this "15 minutes rapid charging" is that it is the external battery
itself which can charge in 15 minutes and not that it can charge up the
phone in 15 minutes. Sorry if this may disappoint you, but I believe the
selling point was that if you are out and about and your phone is running
low and your battery is running low than as long as you have 15 minutes
somewhere you can quickly charge up your battery and then keep on running
around while your newly charged battery is doing its job charging up your
phone at the usual speed. Here is what it says in the article:

UNU's Ultrapak is a battery pack for smartphones and tablets that can
deliver a full charge to devices after just 15 minutes of charging itself
up. This means that as long as users are carrying their Ultrapak, and can
spare at least a quarter of an hour, they'll never have to worry about
running out of power again.
UNU said the Ultrapak's super-fast charging is due to "Ultra-X" charging
technology, a special type of A+ lithium polymer battery that uses
proprietary additives, which increases the normal battery charging speed by
8 times. This makes the device "the world's fastest self-charging battery
pack," according to UNU.

The term "self-charging" is also an interesting choice of words and I think
misleading. Not sure what it is supposed to mean since you still have to
plug the battery into a wall outlet to charge it just like any other
external battery.
According to what they say in this excerpt above it is the special battery
Unu uses which allows it to charge so fast. The iPhone does not have such a
battery and how fast the iPhone battery itself can be charged up is
determined by the battery and charging circuits and safeguards Apple uses.
What is not mentioned in the article is how many times one can charge up
this external battery before it starts to degrade and I wonder if these
super rapid charging technologies are actually beneficial to the overall
longevity of a battery.

I can see how such super fast charging is useful on a small battery like for
example their 3,000 MAH model. This can only fully charge an almost empty
iPhone once or maybe a bit more than once and if you were out and about for
say 10 hours and are using GPS all the time then maybe starting with a full
charge and being able to charge up once is not enough. However, I also think
this is a mute point if you have a larger battery like maybe a 12,000 or
15,000 MAH battery which can charge your iPhone 4 to 6 times. There is no
way you would not have enough power with such a battery even if you ran the
GPS for 12 hours straight while talking on the phone for hours, downloading
large files and using all the battery drainage tricks in the book. Then what
does it matter if it takes 2 or 3 hours to recharge your big internal
battery since you can plug it in over night once you get home or back to
your hotel or whatever.
The company is charging quite a premium for their 2 batteries as well. The
article mentions the 3,000 MAH is $59.99 and the 10,000 MAH is $99.99. I can
buy an Anker 3,000 MAH on Amazon.com for $19.99 and a 10,000 MAH for $25.99.
If I really want power Anker has their new second Gen Astro Pro2 20,000 MAH
battery on Amazon.com for $79.99.