I believe KNFB are incorrect in thinking that iOS 8 will be released on or
about the 10th.
Apple's event is on the 9th. If Apple's past timetable is followed, and they
have been very consistent in recent years, the Gold master of iOS 8 will be
released to developers right after the presentation.
That gives developers a few days to find absolute show stoppers, and they would
have to be absolutely huge, for any change to be made. The iOS itself is
released about a week later. That would make iOS 8 release day the 17th.
One possible reason for KNFB delaying the release is if they are using some of
the cool new APIs in 8. There are a lot of under the hood changes to the camera.
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org