I don't think the problem is with the Apple Store app since I have
tried to preorder wit the AT&T site and the MY AT&T app and had issues
with both. In the case of the AT&T site, I got a "waiting room" image
when I tried to preorder during the first hour yesterday morning,
happened to be up at that time. And in the case of the My AT&T app,
that was a case of it not being accessible, so probably not related to
the mass of humanity ordering hones this weekend. In any case, I got a
notification earlier that my order has been processed and that I will
get another notification when it has been shipped, so perhaps AT&T are
moving quicker through the preorders than the initial 3-6 week
estimates. I was surprised to get the notification so soon though,
especially since I did the preorder this afternoon.

Still excited,
Wayne