The issue is not whether they are concerned about accessibility, it's obvious that they are. It goes much deeper, this really has nothing to do with accessibility directly, it's a quality control issue. The operating system simply was not tested enough before release. As far as android, it's just as useable as IOS, but is definitely a different platform, I like both platforms, but for different reasons. Is one better than the other? I don't think so, they're just different.