Yes, it does break up the cost of the phone in to 20 payments. There is no
interest, and once you pay 60 percent of the cost of the phone, you can upgrade
to the next iPhone or whatever you chose to upgrade to. A Verizon rep could
probably explain it better than I am, so I'd give them a call and ask them
about it. There are also details on the Edge program on the Verizon website.
Oh, and you also get a 10 dollar reduction on the cost of your plan if you're
on the Edge program. This is because they are not subsidizing the cost of the
phone as they are when you pay $199 for a phone under a 2 year agreement.

Kyle