One of the pages where IDC shows smart phone market share year to year going back to 2011 is http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp It does show market share for Samsung slipping and being taken up by other Android competitors. This data is three or four months old, so I wouldn't be surprise if Samsung market share has slipped a bit more to LG and HTC. It also doesn't take into account yet the iPhone 6, so again I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has picked up a few points recently.