Hi Kevin,

I wonder if you could change your choice of phones. I heard on the Today in iOS
Podcast that one of the large box stores in the States, I think maybe Target,
was offering the iPhone 6 16 Gb for $99 for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
Quantities I think were limited so maybe they are all gone, but it would be
worth checking.

I thought the 5C was free with contract and the 5S was $99. If you are paying
$99 for an 8 Gb iPhone 5C I think you are getting ripped off.

Anyhow, as for you apps, I would suggest you back up your iPhone 4, but when
you set up your new phone it would probably be best to set it up as a new phone
and then just download whichever apps you want. If you purchased an app once
you can always download the app again for free provided of course that you use
the same Apple Id on your new iPhone. If, for example, you purchased Money
Reader, then after you sign in on your new iPhone you would go to the app
store, search for Money Reader and instead of the “Get” button you would simply
see a “Download” button which means you purchased the app and now it’s
available for you to be downloaded.

Do reconsider your choice of an 8 Gb phone. If your iPhone 4 still works it
would probably be better to save up a bit longer and get an iPhone 6 16 Gb
which is $199. You pay $100 more but you have the newest phone which will serve
you well for the next 4 or so years whereas a 5C has neither touch Id, nor is
it Apple Pay capable nor does it even have a 64 Bit processor. And especially
until Monday I wouldn’t be surprised if you could get a deal on a 16 Gb iPhone
6 even if that $99 deal is no longer available.

Regards and good luck,

Sieghard