After weeks of trying to figure this out including going to the Apple 
store, here is the answer. 
http://www.betsysharp.com/how-to-get-true-push-on-selected-email-senders-on-ios-7-using-gmail/

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:03:36 PM UTC-6, Alan Lemly wrote:
>
>  Thanks for the help pointing me to the VIP Inbox to get notifications 
> about emails from specific contacts.
>
>  
>
> I guess I'm still a bit unclear how these notifications work as compared 
> to text notifications so I have a followup question. I was hoping to be 
> notified when I get a message from my VIP contacts in the same way I am 
> when I receive a text message. But my VIP notifications don't occur until I 
> launch the Mail app. Is there a setting I need to tweak to get notified 
> even when the Mail app isn't running or is what I'm wanting not possible?
>
>  
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
>  
>
> Alan Lemly
>  

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to