On 04/11/2018 07:25 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 01:54:29PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 21:19:31 +0300 "Michael S. Tsirkin" <m...@redhat.com> wrote:

Andrew, were your questions answered? If yes could I bother you for an ack on
this?

Still not very happy that readers are told that "this function may
sleep" when it clearly doesn't do so.  If we wish to be able to change
it to sleep in the future then that should be mentioned.  And even put a
might_sleep() in there, to catch people who didn't read the comments...

Otherwise it looks OK.
Oh, might_sleep with a comment explaining it's for the future sounds
good to me. I queued this - Wei, could you post a patch on top pls?

I'm just thinking if it would be necessary to add another might_sleep, because we've had a cond_resched there which has wrapped a __might_sleep.

Best,
Wei