Once OASIS does such new interface and if some hw vendor _actually_ wants to do
such complex hw, may be vfio driver can adopt to it.
When we worked with you, we discussed that there such hw does not have enough
returns and hence technical committee choose to proceed with admin commands.
I will skip re-discussing all over it again here.

The current virto spec is delivering the best trade-offs of functionality,
performance and light weight implementation with future forward path towards
more features as Jason explained such as migration.
All with near zero driver, qemu and sw involvement for rapidly growing feature
set...