Hi Everybody,

I am facing long read issue with one of my server (when sparqling). The server runs:

(1) Virtuoso 5.12.3041
(2) PHP 5.3.2
(3) It uses the default unixodbc drivers that comes with ubuntu
(4) I am using DB.DBA.SPARQL_EVAL to wrap the sparql queries via the PHP-ODBC API.

So, basically, the problem is that long values get truncated at 4070 bytes (which is Virtuoso's max, after this it is supposed to get into a blob, but apparently that it has some issues reading it), and then garbage is added after these 4070 (some kind of stack overflow) bytes.

I tested:

(1) I tested a full set of parameters in odbc_connect (the flag). To increase the defaultlrl php.ini setting, to play with the binmode, to use the odbc_longreadlen() api call, etc. Nothing works. (2) I confirm that I don't have this issue when using iSql/Conductor (probably since it uses vsp & iodbc)

I want to know:

(1) if there is some ways to fix this using some PHP API
(2) if this is a bug, and if this has been fixed in 5.14
(3) if this will only works with iodbc drivers

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred