http://xapi.vocab.pub/datasets/adl/verbs/ -- if you want everything.

> Copy to Local DAV collection: DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink
/DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink/

> Number of redirects to follow: 1
> Update interval: 10
> Checked the following:
> X Run Sponger
> X Store Metadata
>
> Cartridges Selected:
> X RDFa

Select HTML (and variants) -- but note that via the "Linked Data" menu's
"Sponger"  section you need to goto "Extractor Cartridges" section to
select and configure the HTML with the following:

add-html-meta=yes
get-feeds=no
preview-length=512
fallback-mode=no
rdfa=yes
reify_html5md=0
reify_rdfa=0
reify_jsonld=0
reify_all_grddl=0
reify_html=0
passthrough_mode=yes
loose=yes
reify_html_misc=no
reify_turtle=no

I know this seems awkward, but this is the best solution we could come
up with due to the problems posed by text/html content-type overloading
re. HTML+Microdata and RDFa etc..

> After I created the crawl job, I went to "import queues" and clicked "run"
>
> I received the following message:
>
> Results for xapi.vocab.pub
> errors while retrieving target. Select "reset" to return initial state
> Total URLs processed : 1
> Download finished
>
> I also checked "retrieved sites" and 0/1 were downloaded.
>
> Where do I find out the error that was encountered while retrieving
> target? Thanks!

Click on the "Edit" button aligned with your crawler job.

Another bit of quirky UI to be fixed.

> Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed when I specify the
> Local DAV collection of DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink/ and then go to edit the
> job, it changes to /DAV/DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink/ by adding a new
> directory 'DAV'

You initial value should have been: /DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink/.

We are going to look into some of these quirks, in due course.

> If I use /home/dba/rdf_sink/ as the the local path when creating the
> crawl job it won't let me without adding /DAV/ path in front of it. So
> it seems it is creating a sub directory /DAV/ under /DAV/ when it
> shouldn't be.

See my comment above.

Kingsley

> [...]
>>> - Local resources owner: dav
>>> - Download only newer than: 1900-01-01 00-00-00
>>> - Follow links matching (delimited with ;): (*what does this do? what
>>> types of "links" are examined?*)
>>> - Do not follow links matching (delimited with ;): (*what does this
>>> do?what types of "links" are examined?*)
>>> - Custom HTTP headers: (*is this required for RDFa? If so, what is the
>>> expected syntax and delimiters? "Accept: text/html"?*)
>>> - Number of HTTP redirects to follow: (*I currently have a 303 redirect in
>>> place for content negotiation, but what if this is unknown or changes in the
>>> future? Will it break the crawler job?*)
>>> - XPath expression for links extraction: (*is this applicable for
>>> importing RDFa?*)
>>> - Crawling depth limit: unlimited
>>> - Update Interval (minutes): 0 - Number of threads: (*is this applicable
>>> for importing RDFa?*)
>>> - Crawl delay (sec): 0.00
>>> - Store Function: (*is this applicable for importing RDFa?*)
>>> - Extract Function: (*is this applicable for importing RDFa?*)
>>> - Semantic Web Crawling: (*what does this do exactly?*)
>>> - If Graph IRI is unassigned use this Data Source URL: (*what is the
>>> purpose of this? The content can't be imported of a Target is not specified,
>>> right?*)
>>> - Follow URLs outside of the target host:  (*what does this do exactly?*)
>>> - Follow HTML meta link: (*is this only for HTML/RDFa that specifies an
>>> alternate serialization via the <link> element in the <head>?*)
>>> - Follow RDF properties (one IRI per row): (*what does this do?*)
>>> - Download images:
>>> - Use WebDAV methods: (*what does this mean?*)
>>> - Delete if remove on remote detected: (*what does this mean?*)
>>> - Store documents locally: (*does this only apply to storing the content
>>> in DAV?*)
>>> - Convert Links: (*is this related to another option/field*?)
>>> - Run Sponger: (*does this force to only use the sponger for reading RDFa
>>> and populate the DB with the triples?*)
>>> - Accept RDF: (*is this option only for slash-based URIs that return
>>> XML/RDF via content negotiation?*)
>>> - Store metadata *: (*what does this mean?*)
>>> - Cartridges: (* I recommend improving the usability on this. At first I
>>> thought perhaps my cartridges were not installed because the content area
>>> below the "Cartridges" tab was empty. I realized the cartridges only appear
>>> when you click/toggle the "Cartridges" tab. I suggest they should all be
>>> listed by default. Turning their visibility off by default may prevent users
>>> from realizing they are there, especially based on the old documentation*)
>>>
>>> 5) What do the following cartridge options do? I only listed the ones that
>>> seem most applicable to running a crawler/sponger import job for an
>>> externally hosted HTML5/RDFa URL.
>>>
>>> - RDF cartridge (*what types of RDF? what does this one do?*)
>>> - RDFa cartridge (*which versions of RDFa are supported? RDFa 1.1 core?

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software