Hi Peter,

What is the Virtuoso version your are using ( run “virtuoso-t -?”) ?

Against the latest 07.20.3217 build the following point geometry loads
successfully with the ttlp function:

SQL> ttlp ('@prefix geo: <http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#> @prefix
virtrdf: <http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#> <point> geo:geometry
"point(1.2 22.4"^^virtrdf:Geometry .', 'xxx', 'graph');

Done. -- 10 msec.
SQL> sparql select * from <graph> where {?s ?p ?o};
LONG VARCHAR
  LONG VARCHAR
    LONG VARCHAR

http://xxx/point
  http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#geometry
    POINT(1.2000000476837 22.39999961853)

1 Rows. -- 2 msec.
SQL>

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers