Through a process of bisection I found the datum that is not handled by
virtuoso.  It is

wd:Q24227 a wikibase:Item ;
        wdt:P625 "<http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q111> Point(351.83
-14.47)"^^geo:wktLiteral .

i.e., a point on Mars.

Is virtuoso supposed to be able to handle other coordinate systems?  If not,
how can it handle Wikidata and other information sources that have points not
on the surface of the earth?

peter