From: VM/ESA and z/VM Discussions [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bob Robinson
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 11:44 AM
To: VMESA-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [VMESA-L] QDIO Guest LAN sharing the same subnet

Greetings everyone,

Scenario:
2 CEC's each with one z/VM 5.1 LPAR. Each z/VM LPAR has one TCPIP stack,
MPROUTE, two OSA Express's and one QDIO guest LAN. The Guest LAN's are
defined with the same subnet, let's say 10.10.10. CEC 1's Guest LAN
gateway address is .1 (dot one) and CEC 2's is .2 (dot two) When TCPIP
on CEC 1 is activated connectivity to the Guest LAN works fine. When
TCPIP on CEC 2 is activated, I can connect to the stack, but not to the
Guest LAN and connectivity to the Guest LAN on CEC 1 is gone. When I
shut down CEC 2's TCPIP, connectivity returns to CEC 1's Guest LAN.

Can someone explain why this does not work and which protocol or law I'm
violating here?

Note: I know VSWITCH is a better way to go and I'm looking into using
it.

TIA
Bob Robinson
Senior Technical consultant