You should be able to just leave the VLAN parameter off and let it default
to VLAN UNAWARE.

____________________________________
Rick Barlow
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Enterprise Business Intelligence Services
Mainframe, z/VM and zSeries Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-25-02
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5213    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

VM/ESA and z/VM Discussions <VMESA-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 03/07/2006
02:40:29 PM:

> VMESA-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
>
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:40:11 -0500, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> wrote:
>
> >From the book, "The defvid defines the default VLAN ID to be associated
> >with untagged frames received and transmitted by the Virtual Switch."
This