Martin,

I'm in the VMSperl doghouse at the moment, because I committed to fix
the problems with test, and have yet to dig into that.

At one point, I had a problem with Dan Sugalski's VMS::User because I
have several systems where user is a logical name (dates back to the
MicroVMS operating system variant, which defined that as a system wide
logical during startup). As a result, I created a version 1.02 (I think)
which never got anywhere; I made a few minor tweaks, and renamed
VMS::User to VMS::VMSUser and got in trouble (Hello, Dan) when I
intermixed VMSuser and VMSUser.

I think this is an incredibly useful module, and once I'm caught up with
test, I'll go back and dig into it again.

Please e-mail me your examples whether you post them or not, and I'll
try to take some responsibility for this module, if Dan is willing, and
is patient.

Thanks

Carl Friedberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Zinser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 6:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VMS::User 0.01 - minor improvments


Hello,

     I gave the VMS::User Module a try with Perl 5.6.0. This did not
     build anymore, due to some missing declarations. The following
     diff shows how to fix this:

$ diff makefile.pl makefile.pl;1
************
File DISK$USER:[ZINSER.TMP.VMS-USER-0_01]MAKEFILE.PL;3
    8       'DEFINE'    => 'PERL_POLLUTE=1',     # e.g.,
'-DHAVE_SOMETHING'
    9       'INC'       => '',     # e.g., '-I/usr/include/other'
******
File DISK$USER:[ZINSER.TMP.VMS-USER-0_01]MAKEFILE.PL;1
    8       'DEFINE'    => '',     # e.g., '-DHAVE_SOMETHING'
    9       'INC'       => '',     # e.g., '-I/usr/include/other'
************


     I've also written a short example to VMS::User, that just
     loops through all parameters of getuai and displays them
     for the current user. This might save someone a lookup in the
     fine manual. In case there is interest I can either post it
     here or sent it via private email.

                         Greetings, Martin


Reply via email to