On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:31:59PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just ran it on IA64 with a perl 5.8.7 kit and it went ok:

Hmm.  Here's the easiest of my failures to analyze:

not ok 52 - vmsify('.../'): '[....]'
# Failed at ../vms/ext/filespec.t line 24
#      got '[....]'
# expected '[...]'

Stepping through the unixify() code shows that it is most definately
a bug in the VMS::Filespec Perl code.

> One thing to note is that much of the VMS implementation of VMS::Filespec
> is embedded in the perl binary itself - in the code for vms.c - in order
> to make miniperl on VMS more capable of building the extensions (basically
> so that ExtUtils::MakeMaker will run).

Ah ha!  So basically the Perl code isn't normally being used and thus has
fallen way out of sync with the vms.c code?

It would be really nice if the Perl code was brought back into order so
File::Spec::VMS can be tested without VMS.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.