At 1:42 AM -0400 7/9/05, John E. Malmberg wrote:

Is anyone on this list using the test RMS Symbolic links SDK?

That's 8.2 only, right?  I don't have any 8.2 systems, so unless it's
on the testdrive I don't have anything available to experiment with.

The SDK is for 8.2 only.  It should only be deployed on test systems.

I do not think it is on any of the test drive machines.

I am going to have a lot of gnu diff files to post soon.  Should I send them
to this list an order that they can be applied harmlessly or put them all in a
.ZIP archive somewhere?

Yes, do send here.  I think we'll want to kick them around a bit and
test with slightly older versions of VMS, and we'll also need to see
if any changes are necessary to get them to apply to bleadperl.

Ok, I will start posting them to the list, a few at a time. I have a total of 49 "diff" files taking up 604 blocks.

If someone wants them CC: to them in addition to the list, then I can do that too.

These changes involve support for one combination of the DECC$FEATURE logicals for UNIX filename mode on existing VMS, and also the support of a new Posix compliant mode with symbolic links in a future VMS.

They include a merge (to the best of my ability) of Pathtools 3.05 and other patches that I have been directed to by Craig and others on this list that I needed to implement these changes.

-John