Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 05:56:50PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:

Maint is still using MakeMaker 6.17 which is now TWO YEARS OLD!

Last I checked there was some VMS failure or another possibly tied to
File::Find but I don't have details. I really rather 5.8.8 not go out with 6.17 again, 6.30 is good and stable. Can we just take the plunge, put 6.30
into maintperl and work out the glitches?

The last thing that I remember was that there was some fun with make
distclean on VMS in blead and SDBM_File.

No distclean target found in the main descrip.mms file.

cleanlis :
cleantest :
tidy : cleanlis
clean : tidy cleantest
        - @make_ext "$(MINIPERL_EXE)" "$(MMS)" clean
        - @extra_pods CLEAN
realclean : clean
        - @make_ext "$(MINIPERL_EXE)" "$(MMS)" realclean
cleansrc : clean

Or at least something with SDBM_File
I was going to look last week to see if you're most recent version had cured
it, but it was the day after testdrive went down for 2 weeks.

It is being moved to a new building, but I do not have any details.

Is the current version happy on VMS with SDBM_File?

I will confess that I have not explicitly tried all the targets.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only