Michael G Schwern wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:01:42PM -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:

Well, I thought that it would be simpler than it has turned out to be, and obviously I am missing a concept or two somewhere.

Filespec.pm uses AutoLoader, mostly to prevent the Perl versions from
ever getting loaded and overriding the C versions.  They don't work too
well anyway.

Did you remember to whack out the AutoLoader bits?  That being the 1; and
__END__ so it loads the functions normally?

No, I did not know that I needed to do that. Looks like I need to find out more about Autoloader.

Also, I only want the Perl versions to be loaded if they are not present in the C versions.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only