Hi,

we are currently testing perl 5.10.1 in our development environment. We
also ran into some issues which i did some initial analysis on.
Unfortunately, i am not directly involved in testing 5.10.1 and didn't
find time to get as far as collecting exact details in an isolated test
case yet.

There are two issues i have off the back of my mind:

1)  Random problems with carriage return and vmsopen()

I suspected it had something with buffering in connection with vmsopen().
For our purposes, i changed the record format from "rfm=var" to
"rfm=stmlf" and files looked fine
(Although this does smell like a regression from 5.8.6, the modules in
our case probably should not have been using "rfm=var" in the first
place...)

2) File::Spec::VMS->catpath() was making some "vmsify path" routine create
illegal VMS filenames like "LOG:[]filename.txt" instead of  LOG:filename.txt
(which made File::Copy->copy() break)

To continue our tests, we added something similar to "s/:[]/:/" as a
kludge in File/Spec/VMS.pm

Regards,

Mudiaga Obada