On Aug 6, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Andrew Black wrote:

I am trying to use SWIG to create a module for calling C from Perl (on VMS and on Unix/Linux platforms). To date I have been running the SWIG EXE on linux and
copying over the generated files.

- Is there a port of SWIG available to run natively on VMS

There appears to be a SWIG kit here:

http://www.vmspython.org/anonymous/jfp/swig1331.zip

- is there any feature available to produce the .OPT file needed to create
universal symbols on Alpha and IA64

I think I've heard of things that can do that, possibly bits included with gSOAP, WSIT, or axis2. Sorry to be vague.

- any other gotchas or hints

Never used it, so I don't know, but let us know if you get it working.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigbe...@mac.com

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser