On Sep 2, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Eric Robertson wrote:

OK I downloaded the perl-5.12.2-RC1.tar.gz tarball and untarred it using GNUtar (will this make a difference?)

Shouldn't, and I've seen it work, but I can't certify what's an acceptable version of GNU tar.

and built it again with exactly the same test results as the build with perl-5.12.1.tar.gz

Good, so what we're talking about here are local build problems and not show-stoppers or regressions from 5.12.1 to 5.12.2. And it looks like we're making progress on the environmental differences.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigbe...@mac.com

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser