On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 07:36:56AM -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:

> I grabbed a snapshot of this branch as of 467132B and it issues the
> following warnings during the build:

Thanks.

> Making all in cpan/Pod-LaTeX
>  MMK "all" /DESCRIPTION=descrip.mms /MACRO=("PERL_CORE=1")
> %MMK-W-CIRCDEP, circular dependency found for target POD2LATEX.PL
> %MMK-W-CIRCDEP, circular dependency found for target POD2LATEX.PL
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target POD2LATEX.PL found in circular dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target POD2LATEX.PL found in circular dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target [.BLIB.SCRIPT]POD2LATEX.PL found in circular
> dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target [.BLIB.SCRIPT]POD2LATEX.PL found in circular
> dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target PURE_ALL found in circular dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target PURE_ALL found in circular dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target ALL found in circular dependency
> %MMK-W-CONNEXION, target ALL found in circular dependency
>
> similar for Pod::Parser and Pod::HTML.    The build proceeds so I'm
> not sure how much (if any) damage that's actually doing.  Have to run
> so haven't looked into it yet.

As you may have seen, I jumped the gun and have merged it into trunk.
Partly because it passed tests on Win32, and partly because it unblocks
some things seemingly unrelated that I want to fix (in Config, DynaLoader
and XSLoader).

Forewarned is forearmed - to my mind the next logical thing is to migrate
building of CPAN-supplied "scripts" from utils/*.PL into their cpan/ (etc)
builds. Currently I can see that (say) utils/cpan.PL extracts to cpan.com
on VMS. Does MakeMaker do the same thing - does building from the CPAN
source tarball generate [blib.scripts]cpan.com  ? Or does it generate
[blib.scripts]cpan  ?

Nicholas Clark