On Feb 14, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Dr. Martin P.J. Zinser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently going over a number of modules to check that they install/work
> with Perl 5.12.2 on OpenVMS Itanium 8.3-1H1.

You may not have noticed that 5.12.3 is out and includes bug fixes.  If memory
serves, one or more things you've reported have been fixed.

> One problem that I am not quit sure how to fix happens during the build
> of Net::DNS 0.66 . I've already applied the changes below to make it compile
> as far as it does. Now it fails with the following message:

I responded to a similar query here:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1438489

but I haven't looked deeply to see if there is any reason 5.12.x would behave
differently from 5.10.x when building Net::DNS 0.66.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigbe...@mac.com

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser