> On Jul 3, 2015, at 2:58 PM, Dr Eberhard Lisse <nos...@lisse.na> wrote:
>
> I am currently playing with this on a Hobbyist license and wonder now if
> there is a perl kit (any version, really).

A pedantic point, but there is no such thing as VMS v7.3-2 on VAX.  v7.3 was
the terminal release on VAX and v7.3-2 was Alpha only.

For Perl versions up through 5.22, there is latent support for building on VAX
but I haven’t tried it in at least a couple years.  There are so many essential
features missing from VAX that it’s just not worth the trouble.

There are some ancient binary kits of Perl for VAX at
<http://www.sidhe.org/vmsperl/prebuilt.html>.

If you want to run more current software, my advice is to get away from VAX and
run an Alpha emulator.  There are free ones but no complete open source ones
that I’m aware of.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigbe...@mac.com

 difficult than getting in."