"Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <sys...@tmesis.com> writes:

>Another question concerning the Excel::Writer::XLSX.
>
>If I run my program under the SYSTEM account, it completes successfully and
>quietly.  However, using a nonprivileged account, it completes successfully
>but output:
>
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/Content_Types.xml  [Content_Types].xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/docProps/app.xml  docProps/app.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/docProps/core.xml  docProps/core.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/styles.xml  xl/styles.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/workbook.xml  xl/workbook.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/drawings/drawing1.xml  xl/drawings/drawing1.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/drawings/_rels/drawing1.xml.rels
>xl/drawings/_rels/d
>rawing1.xml.rels
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/media/image1.png  xl/media/image1.png
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/theme/theme1.xml  xl/theme/theme1.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml  xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/worksheets/_rels/sheet1.xml.rels
>xl/worksheets/_rels
>/sheet1.xml.rels
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/xl/_rels/workbook.xml.rels  xl/_rels/workbook.xml.rels
>/sys$scratch/reLOKmPhRU/_rels/.rels  _rels/.rels
>
>I could define SYS$OUTPUT to NL: but then, any legitimate errors would go
>unnoticed.  Why does Perl output what appears to be the translation of the
>VMS path to the .XLSX file's contents if the user is not privileged?

Nevermind.  The idiot that installed everything I told them to install did
NOT execute the Perl startup to redefine the PERL_ROOT logical systemwide.
I, of course, had it defined in the SYSTEM accounts process because I was
doing testing of the latest Perl.

Sorry for wasting your time.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG