Installation kits for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS I64 v8.3 and later are
available at:

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsperlkit/files/>

and should soon be at:

<http://download.perl.space/>

as well (though they aren’t quite yet as of this writing).

N.B. Since I did not release kits for 5.24.1, these are the first kits that
contain mitigations for CVE-2016-1238 [1].

The files are self-extracting archives and after downloading you must run them
like so:

$ run VMSPORTS-AXPVMS-PERL524-V0524-2-1.SFX_AXPEXE

for Alpha, and:

$ run VMSPORTS-I64VMS-PERL524-V0524-2-1.SFX_I64EXE

for Itanium.  Then, on either platform:

$ product install perl524

and follow the usual installation prompts. Note that the major version is now
included in the product name so this installation will not remove installations
of previous versions (e.g., 5.20 or 5.22).

The kits provided here are intended to be a convenient way to acquire a default
build; there are many other configuration options available if you build your
own Perl from the source at <http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/>.

Have an appropriate amount of fun.  Anything related to these kits that turns
out to be more fun than you can handle is probably best reported on the vmsperl
mailing list.[2]

Changes in this release can be found via typing "perldoc perldelta" after
installation or viewing on the web at:

<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/pod/perl5241delta.pod>
<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/pod/perl5242delta.pod>

[1] <https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-1238>