Hi Craig,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

You asked for a bit more detail on the issue that the machinery for rerunning
(with details) the failed
tests did not seem to work for all of the failing tests.

Two examples of failed tests:

During the run of all tests these two examples appear as
  lib/warnings ................................................... FAILED at
test 710
  t/io/socketpair ................................................
FAILED--unexpected output at test 0

In the list of all failed tests at the end of the run of all tests they appear
as
        ../lib/warnings.t
        io/socketpair.t

All occurrences of the file names socketpair.t and warnings.t in the
distribution directories:
  DISK$ORACLE5:[PERL.perl-5^.32^.1.dist.base.t]warnings.t;1
  DISK$ORACLE5:[PERL.perl-5^.32^.1.lib]warnings.t;1
  DISK$ORACLE5:[PERL.perl-5^.32^.1.cpan.Socket.t]socketpair.t;1
  DISK$ORACLE5:[PERL.perl-5^.32^.1.t.io]socketpair.t;1

  (These two warnings.t files are not identical, presumably
DISK$ORACLE5:[PERL.perl-5^.32^.1.lib]warnings.t is the failed test.
  These two socketpair.t files are not identical, presumably
DISK$ORACLE5:[PERL.perl-5^.32^.1.t.io]socketpair.t is the failed test.)

The command
   $ @[.vms]test .EXE "" -"v" [.io]socketpair.t
reruns that test with more detailed output.  Using similar syntax for all
failing tests that are reported
with names specified as  "t/..." also reruns the corresponding failing test.

I didn't find the proper command to rerun the test on the warnings.t file (or
any of the other test names that did
not match the "t/..." syntax).

 -- Ed Miller