Everybody's situation varies. If all you have is a handful of
workstations and your own to manage, no big deal. However, if you have a
lot of users (I have 85), it's not practical to rely on the end user to
install software. In fact, it's something I like to discourage more
often than not.

I'd love to see either REALVNC or somebody come up with a silent install
that is tuned and tweaked specifically for VNC.