When you say it shuts down once every two hours, do you mean aftr two
hours of interactive use, or two hours of the session just displaying
output, with no input from the viewer?  The default idle timeout of VNC
4 is one hour.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

Having said that, I should let you know that the RealVNC 4 viewer, for
no apparent reason, shuts down regularly (about once every two hours) on
Windows 2000 SP4.  No real harm is done because when I re-run the
viewer, all my server-side settings are still in place (open windows are
still open, etc).  It doesn't matter whether the RealVNC server is
running on Windows or Solaris; the RealVNC client always shuts down
every two hours or so.  It's a beta, so this might be expected.