Alex,

I'm afraid the citation links seem to be broken (nat.html is missing), so
it's difficult to see any of the supporting documentation for this.

As it stands, UDP "hole-punching" fundamentally requires that your NAT
router allow UDP traffic through, which is not something most good NAT
firewall/router boxes won't do unless configured to.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.