Don't forget certain antivirus software stops internet activity

Programs allowing incoming connections need to be added to the windows firewall and
any non windows firewall or antivirus allowed applications

c:\program files\RealVNC\vnc4\winvnc.exe

Steve

Colin Lansbergen wrote:
Hello,

I've recently setup realvnc on both my pc's in my LAN to create remote desktop
control.

The server is setup on a windows xp pc in my lan. Free edition.The client is
setup on a windows vista pc in my lan. Personal trial edition *to work under
vista*.

I'm behind a Linksys WRT54G router.
I've forwarded the ports:
VNC1 5500-5500
VNC2 5800-5800
VNC3 5900-5900

And unchecked the block anonymous request *according to port forwarding
webpage*.

When I get to my server side pc and do a "add client", I get a control screen
popped up on the client side and everything works.
But when I try to connect from the viewer side it doesn't work. I get a
connection timed out if I enter the local ip. And a connection refused when I
use my router ip::port.

Is there a way to fix this? What could be wrong?Thanks in advance!Colin
Lansbergen