paresh masani wrote:
Hi,

I read documentation of Xvnc and found that it uses cfb(color frame buffer).
It supports only 8, 16 and 32 bit colore and dont have support for 24-bit
color and 64-bit color. Could any one please tell me why it is like this. 24
and 64-bit color support does not required?

If 32 bits is implemented, 24 bits is regarded obsolete. With most X11 implementations, if there is a 24 bit and 32 bit option, 32 bit is used internally because it is faster, however it uses more memory. Think of it: there are 8, 16, 32 and 64 bit computers. For displays, 24 bit is there because it is 3 times 8 bit colors. The 4th byte in 32 bit is often used for additional information.

On 64 bits colordepth I think that's a case of not implemented jet. For speed and ease of implementation it might require 64 bit hardware...

CBee