If you have a new computer, then you would have a new install of the operating
system. I assume the internet is working fine for both computers and the
network between the computers is working. I also assume you have been able to
verify port 5900 and 5800 are open.

Did you have one computer set to port 5900 (or display 0) and port 5901 (or
display 1)? If so are the ports listed correctly in VNC for the IP Address?
If you are using DHCP the IP addresses could have changed; therefore, the
router port forwarding will need to be changed to reflect the new IP address.

Try a reverse connection using VNC server port listening and see if that
connection works (port 5800).