On 15-3-2011 15:17, Kory Lindersmith wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good VNC server for Win7?  I have Real and Tight and
You are drifting away from the toppic....

when I connect to them, they seem REALLY SLOW!!  The screen updates just
seem to take forever.  Its not bandwidth because I can connect to XP
machines and the speed is just fine.  Even the Win7 computer on the desk
next to mine when I connect to it, is very slow.

Most likely it is in the screen-update settings at the remote machine. Since most msWindows based vnc I know do a capture of the display memory once in a while, best to set the screen-settings as basic as possible. Then twiggle with the screen update settings and see what suits your needs.

In the end, native protocols like rdp for mswindows will have better implementation with the display-software and hence perform better.

CBee