On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, J. Marc Edwards wrote:

I'm actually very enamored with NX from NoMachine. NX is a compatible substitute for VNC. I've spent time examining RealVNC versus NX performance in side-by-side comparisons (visual/interactive view only). I've noted very substantive performance advantages for Flash applications running on browsers in the NX client.

In both cases, I was using the native clients, as opposed to the Java-based clients. At any rate, don't forget to examine NX.

Interesting. I think NX can also forward audio, which would come in handy sometimes. I wouldn't use something that doesn't at least have a Free Software version available. That is the case with NX as Google has a Neatx fork under GPL2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NX_technology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neatx

Google must want to use that with Android clients. However, that second Wikipedia page makes the project sound incomplete and lost. I'll have to look into it further.

Is here anyone using Neatx?

Mike