From: VoiceOps [mailto:voiceops-boun...@voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Carlos
Alcantar
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:33 PM
To: voiceops@voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

Has anyone had an in depth conversation with any of these alarm vendors with
what there move is going to be with everyone moving towards packet based voice
switching which you can pretty much guarantee will break modems in general
somewhere down the line.  I just recently ran into an issue with an alarm line,
where yes we do have some lines running on calix h.248 back to a meta switch
and routed out to our tdm tandem trunks.  Our first thought was to look into
the QOS make sure things are set correctly ect, after days of testing we found
that the call being terminated on the other side of the tandem had qos issues.
I can only see these type of issue increasing as time passes.  Thoughts?

Carlos Alcantar

Race Communications / Race Team Member

1325 Howard Ave. #604, Burlingame, CA. 94010

Phone: +1 415 376 3314 / car...@race.com<mailto:car...@race.com> /
http://www.race.com<http://www.race.com/>