Posted by Randy Barnett:
Was Lochner Right?
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_01_25-2009_01_31.shtml#1233169158

   On Friday, I will be giving a talk on "Was Lochner Right? Natural
   Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment" at a conference on [1]Natural
   Rights and the Constitution sponsored by the [2]The Tocqueville Forum
   on the Roots of American Democracy. I will share a panel at 11:15am
   with Princeton Professor Robert George. The conference is being held
   at the main campus of Georgetown and lasts from 9:30am to 3:30pm. Here
   is the program:

     9:30am-11:00am Panel 1: The Origin and Nature of Natural Rights and
     the U.S. Constitution
     Brian Tierney, Cornell University: Sources of the American Idea of
     Natural Rights: Some Competing Narratives
     Robert Kraynak, Colgate University: Ordered Liberty at the American
     Founding: Natural Rights in Cultural Context
     Respondent: Steven Brust, Georgetown University
     11:00am- 11:15am Break
     11:15am � 12:45pm Panel 2: Perspectives on the Constitution,
     Natural Rights, and Natural Law
     Robert George, Princeton University: What is Natural Law?
     Randy Barnett, Georgetown Law School: Was Lochner Right? Natural
     Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment
     Moderator: Patrick Deneen, Georgetown University
     12:45pm-2:00pm Lunch with Keynote Address
     Michael Novak, American Enterprise Institute (begins at 1:00pm):
     Belief in a Certain Type of God as a Foundation of the Natural
     Right of Conscience
     RSVP required for Lunch
     2:00pm � 3:30pm Panel 3: Natural Rights, the Bill of Rights and
     Judges: Theory and Practice
     Christopher Wolfe, McInerny Center for Thomistic Studies: Natural
     Rights, the Constitution, and Judicial Review
     Charles Lugosi, Ave Maria Law School: Why Judges Should Understand
     the True Nature of the Rule of Law to Effectively Interpret the
     Constitution to Protect the Rights of All Persons.
     Respondent: Phillip Muñoz, Tufts University

   It looks to be very interesting and is open to the public. You can
   RSVP for the lunch to [3]tocquevillefo...@georgetown.edu.
   I will be giving the same talk in Chicago next Wednesday at DePaul &
   Chicago-Kent and Thursday at University of Chicago & Loyola. When I
   have the exact times and room locations, I will post them.