Posted by Orin Kerr:
Attacks on David Ogden:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_02_01-2009_02_07.shtml#1233776525

   In the last few days, a number of conservative groups have [1]tried to
   rally opposition against David Ogden, President Obama's nominee for
   Deputy Attorney General. In my view, their arguments are simply
   terrible. For example, at [2]Heritage, Steven Groves notes that in
   successfully defending an inmate on death row before the U.S. Supreme
   Court, Ogden argued that the Supreme Court should look to foreign law
   to interpret the Constitution. Well, of course he made that argument:
   He had an ethical duty of zealous advocacy on his client's behalf, and
   he properly made the argument that he thought had the best chance of
   winning. I don't think the Supreme Court should have agreed with that
   argument, but that's my problem with the Court, not the lawyer
   representing his client.