Posted by Jonathan Adler:
Sunday Song Lyric:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_09_20-2009_09_26.shtml#1253451851

   The evolution of [1]Green Day is quite remarkable. They were basically
   a punk revival band when I saw them in concert some fifteen years ago.
   I liked their stuff, but I would never have thought them capable of
   producing work like 2004's [2]American Idiot and this year's [3]21st
   Century Breakdown. These two albums are particularly remarkable at a
   time when it seems most major, commercially successful artists have
   little interest in producing albums, that is a record that works as a
   coherent whole, and is more than a collection of potential singles
   interspersed with filler.

   American Idiot is easily one of my favorite albums released in the
   past five years (though I think I'll pass on [4]the musical). I
   haven't reached a final judgment on 21st Century Breakdown, but it's
   also quite good. The title track begins:

     Born into Nixon I was raised in hell
     A welfare child where the teamsters dwelled
     The last one born and the first one to run
     My town was blind from refinery sun
     My generation is zero
     I never made it as a working class hero
     21st Century Breakdown
     I once was lost but never was found
     I think I'm losing what's left of my mind
     To the 20th Century Deadline

   Here are the [5]full lyrics, and a [6]live performance.